[Xastir-dev] xastir as pvd

Brian D Heaton bdheaton at c4i2.com
Wed Apr 14 23:19:11 EDT 2004

Wendell,

	Take a look at aprsd.  You can feed it UDP data via a socket
interface.  Then connect Xastir to it as a normal Internet Server.  That
way if you restart Xastir you can use the history load from aprsd to
give you an initial dataset for display.

	That lash up will also permit you to hook several client machines to a
single server instance.  Along with the link posted a few days ago to
the NIMA digital versions on the aeronautical charts this might make a
very good combination.

			THX/BDH