[Xastir-dev] Check your igating

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 25 15:57:46 EDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I'm seeing one Xastir igate that is chopping between one and five
> characters off the end of packets as it igates them from RF -> INET.
>
> Anyone seeing this with other Xastir igates?  If so, send me the
> callsign of the igate, the type of interface (Serial KISS, AX.25,
> etc), and what version of Xastir it is.  If CVS, tell me when you
> last updated your sources.
>
> I'd like to track this down quickly.

Fixed.  Found out it was affecting both Serial KISS TNC an AGWPE
interfaces.  Debugged with a remote AGWPE interface courtesy of one
of our Xastir users.  The fix is in CVS now, but for those that
don't want to wait for it to show up on the anon CVS server, find
the tail end of the db.c:decode_ax25_header() function and change it
to look like this:

    // Copy the result onto the top of the input data.  Note that
    // the length can sometimes be longer than the input string, so
    // we can't just use the "length" variable here or we'll
    // truncate our string.
    //
    xastir_snprintf(incoming_data,
        MAX_LINE_SIZE,
        "%s",
        result);

//fprintf(stderr,"%s\n",incoming_data);

    return(1);
}

The important part line is "MAX_LINE_SIZE".