[Xastir-dev] Building on Cygwin

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Wed Aug 25 17:05:11 EDT 2004

Hello,

I just refreshed my cygwin installation. This time I moved the cygwin map
to cygwin.old and installed from scratch.

Now when doing "sh configure" the installation stops claiming that I have
no XWindows development includes and libraries. When I do

"sh configure --x-inludes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib"

Yeah, that's right, they are at the normal place and looking at the script
they should have been found, but are not...

Now when I use the old cygwin installation, Xastir's configure works okay,
although the same files are supposed to be installed.

I also tried to install all the Cygwin packages but that doesn't make a
difference.

This is very fishy, I have no clue why it doesn't work. Anyway, maybe the
line with the --x-includes and --x-libraries should be added to the
README.win32 (or of course fix/bypass the problem with cygwin, or whatever
it is).

B.t.w. I used the August 16 snapshot of Xastir for this.

Kind regards,

Henk.