[Xastir-dev] --with-bdb-include=/sw/include/db4

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Dec 10 16:21:54 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
>> It assumes it's not dangerous to add checks for every package system's new
>> and different idea of where stuff should go. Is that really a good
>> assumption to make?
>
> We already have specific tweaks in there to support different
> operating systems.  I just added another one yesterday that turns
> off compiler optimizations if you're running Cygwin.  It should
> really speed up compiles, perhaps taking less memory as well.  Worth
> it I think.

1) it's not OS specific. MacOS doesn't provide fink
2) it won't speed up compiles, only configures.

> Where would we draw the line if we start asking questions like this?
> Just support package systems where we have XX number of users or
> more complaining?  Support all that we have time/energy for, so that
> max number of users can run Xastir?  I suggest we do that last,
> until it becomes too much of a burden.

3) just because we don't default to looking in the *default* location for
Fink (it can be relocated, at least if it has any flexibility) doesn't
mean we don't support it
4) the best answer is still for a Fink user to contribute it to Fink.

But if you all think I'm wrong I'll do it when I get back to Pittsburgh. I
am 6 time zones away today.