[Xastir-dev] Gerry C: Canadian Topo Maps, what to do with them?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 3 01:27:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Curt Mills wrote:
>
> > Hey Gerry:  What format are these maps?  I think I remember
> > something about BIL on the GDAL mailing list.  Perhaps these are
>
> Band Interleaved by Line. GDAL will deal, it can convert them to geotiff.
> Some older USGS DOQs were bil files.

So ogr2ogr could convert them to geotiff that Xastir could handle?
That might be about the best option.  Actually, if they could be
converted to a standard image file with a .geo, then people could
handle them with ImageMagick alone, skipping
libproj/libgeotiff/libgdal support.  Possible?  It seems that if
they are a constant lat/long shift per pixel, we could do that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer