[Xastir-dev] Gerry C: Canadian Topo Maps, what to do with them?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 3 01:43:32 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > So ogr2ogr could convert them to geotiff that Xastir could handle?
>
> I thought ogr2ogr was only for vector, and you needed e.g. gdal_translate
> for raster. But, I did use gdal to convert all my DOQs to geotiff.

Yes, my boo-boo.  I've dealt with only the OGR side so far.

> Ew, I like my georeferencing embedded, the fewer files I need to keep in
> sync, the better. But yes, I think they're linear.

I was thinking more about making it easier for the users in terms of
fewer libraries to install, or at least more options in case they
had a preference.

Another thing to consider would be tweaking the Xastir geotiff code
to skip the extra operations that aren't necessary if there's
nothing to crop/distort.  You've probably been trying to get me to
do that before, right?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer