[Xastir-dev] Code-freeze lifted

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 4 15:40:58 EST 2004

I don't think I ever specifically said that the code freeze has been
lifted.  It has.

I'd be happy to entertain patches from the translators for the
language or help files, and will get those into CVS right away.  We
have a growing number of people that are using Xastir with
non-English language files.  The help files for most of them are
badly out of date.  Anyone who can help with the translations,
please do so.  Files for new language translations are also most
welcome!

A new version of the Davis weather station code just went in.  This
version installs very much like the Xastir project itself, using
bootstrap, configure, make, make install.  You can thank Bruce
Bennett for this new version (and the original version!).  This code
can be found in xastir/src/Davis.  It might be a few hours before
the new version appears on the anon CVS server.  Anyone know what
the delay is currently?  This code relys on a MySQL database and
another program called "Meteo".  See the README file in the Davis
directory for details.