[Xastir-dev] Geotifs causing crashes

James A Vincent g1pvz at gmx.net
Sun Jan 4 09:50:50 EST 2004

I have compiled geotif support into the 2004_01_02 xastir cvs. I have downloaded a USGS geotiff for San Francisco and created a fgd file using ./mapfgd inn the scripts directory.

However whenever I try to reindex maps Xastir just segfaults.  I have ImageMagick and Shapefile support complied in.  The shapefile support is excellent - I got "the world" in shapefiles from the US Centre for Disease Control website.  My attempt at geotif in Xastir is somewhat academic, as I cant get any maps for my location (England) but I thought it would be interesting to see what geotif looked and behaved like.

Any suggestions to what I may have done wrong - incidentially what is GDAL ?

Many thanks,

James Vincent G1PVZ