[Xastir-dev] WX input addition?

Bennett, Bruce bbennett at Spang.com
Thu Jan 15 08:05:51 EST 2004

I have a working version of Davis weather station input to xastir running at
the moment
(see http://wx.findu.com/KB8ROP ), set up as proposed (meteo data used).

I have a couple of clarifications needed about intent with regards to the
weather data structure
"WeatherRow". Am I correct in my assumption that wx_rain_total is to be fed
from the weather
station data, and the remaining wx_rain, wx_prec_00 and wx_prec_24
calculated by xastir in
cycle_weather() ?  It's tough to test the rain gauge in our current weather
:)

My second question is about missing values - should I fill the string with
'\0' as I am now, or is
"000" a better choice?

Finally, is there anyone other than me with a Davis Weather station
interested in helping me
do early testing? Modification to xastir is small; only wx.c, db.h and
language-<YourLangHere>.sys
are modified.

Bruce Bennett KB8ROP
BBennett at Spang.COM
(440) 352-8600 X 3350
Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not
advice, it is merely the custom.  --Mark Twain