[Xastir-dev] Changes to config files

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 15 16:41:33 EST 2004

Xastir CVS was changed today w.r.t. the xastir config file handling.
Xastir will now back up the xastir.cnf file to xastir.cnf.1 through
xastir.cnf.3 (progressing from newest to oldest).

If errors are encountered while trying to save the current data to
the config file, it will attempt to revert back to its previous
state as closely as possible.  This means you'll end up with only

    xastir.cnf
    xastir.cnf.1
    xastir.cnf.2

because xastir.cnf.3 (oldest) would have been deleted early in the
save process and can't be recovered.

If Xastir ever comes up in a state where it has lost its config
information, you can go into your ~/.xastir/config directory and
rename the appropriate xastir.cnf.? file to xastir.cnf.  Kill Xastir
before doing that of course.