[Xastir-dev] N/S and E/W bit

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 20 19:54:29 EST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> The 'z' in timestamps is specified as such, at least the explanation
> and all examples show lower-case.  The spec often specifies a
> character between '' characters, and there's no example of a capital
> 'Z'.  There's no explicit statement that a 'Z' may not be used.

Yes, not reuired, but I intended for the "z" to be lower case to give a
nice visual break between the TIME digits and the LATITUDE.  But again, I
was reserving the CASE bit for future use...

> Same for N/S/E/W:  The explanations and all examples use capitals,  but
> it is never explicitly stated that lower-case not be used.

Same here.  I wanted it transmnitted as U/Case so that in the future we
could use the Lower case for an additional bit.  Now I wannt use that bit,
and find that we cant without upgrading...

Bob