[Xastir-dev] Reminder: Stable release very soon

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 29 13:07:29 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> right, which is why i said:
> > > None of the code appears to be in the critical path which presumably means
> > > it's a shared library ordering problem, somehow.
>
> i think somehow i'm getting a symbol (i don't know which) from libgdal
> that should come from libgeotiff or libproj, despite libgdal being linked
> last.

Some linkers ignore the ordering for the libraries, which might
explain what you're seeing.  I believe I saw something about MacOSX
having that problem.

So you're suggesting we remove the gdal detect for this release?
That could certainly be done since support is not finished for it
yet, but it is somewhat usable as-is.