[Xastir-dev] Reminder: Stable release very soon

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Jan 30 03:33:33 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Yea, that makes sense.  There are symbols that are defined in both
> geotiff and gdal.  You need to make sure you don't link to gdal at
> all in that case.

The answer is if you want GDAL and geotiff with proj support it appears
you *must* build GDAL against your installed (proj-supporting) libtiff and
geotiff. The geotiff stuff included in GDAL doesn't pull in libproj by
default, and so it all breaks.

I will check an update into README after I sleep with the details.