[Xastir-dev] zoom box - great, but still a few glitches

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 3 19:57:29 EDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> The new zoom-box-on-drag for xastir is great (Thanks Curt!).
>
> I did notice that every once in a while it seems like the box XORs itself
> and then the vectors from the start point disappear, while vectors at the
> end point stay at that space and new vectors are drawn to where the cursor
> is "now", in addtion to those at the old end point.
>
> It's hard to explain... Does this make sense?

Yep.  I think I figured it out during my long commute home.   A
screen update happened during that time, therefore the vectors
didn't need to be drawn over again with XOR.  Since they were
anyway, they got left there.

The easy way to test this (and fix it) would be to set the first
X-point to -1, which the code uses to decide whether to redraw over
the vectors with XOR.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer