[Xastir-dev] Closing AUX GPS port before shutdown / down of interface

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 4 20:52:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, David Flood wrote:

> I've finally gotten fed up with having to do a VFO reset on my D700 when I
> switch back from computer control to internal brain dead APRS.  The problem
> is that if the AUX GPS port is left open or the internal TNC is expecting
> GPS data then the entire TNC locks up when you try to switch back to
> internal mode.
>
> Is there a way, either in the stop file or in the internal code to ensure
> that when using the TNC with AUX GPS that the AUX GPS port is fully and
> properly closed before the interface is downed?

Can you tell me the exact sequence that things need to happen?

Are you talking about sending the tnc-stop.sys commands fully before
the interface is down, shutting off handshakes before that event,
what exactly?

Give a little more insight into what goes wrong, and what needs to
be changed to make it right, and we can probably code that up.
Probably not before next week's release though.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer