[Xastir-dev] message dialog

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 29 13:10:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, John Williams wrote:

> Wondering if any one can duplicate this.
>
> When I open a message dialog and send it to another desktop that
> has another application already running (in my case 2 xterms
> running linpac) I find that I cannot type any text in to the
> message textfields. The text ends up in one of the xterms. Yes I
> did try clicking on the message dialog textfields.

Are you talking about an X11 display on a different machine, another
virtual screen on the same X11 server, a different X11 server on the
same machine?

> The message dialog buttons do work. For instance I can close to
> the dialog. I can also bring up the menu that allows me to send
> the dialog to another desktop etc.
>
> If the message dialog is sent to an empty desktop it works fine.
> It also works fine if I open some xterms after sending the message
> dialog to a empty desktop.  It is only when there is another app
> already running in the target desktop that I notice the problem.
>
> Hope that makes some sense.
>
> Using -
> RH7.1
> KDE 2.1.1
> Lesstif 0.93.3

Lesstif may be your problem.  Try OpenMotif instead.  You'll
probably need to remove lesstif and lesstif-devel RPM's, then
install openmotif and openmotif-devel, then reconfigure/recompile
Xastir.