[Xastir-dev] acinclude.m4:XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 23 17:47:07 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jack Twilley wrote:

> Actually, it's not good practice to set valid default values for
> variables when attempting to identify current capabilities.  By
> setting the defaults to reasonable values, you make it impossible to
> detect certain error conditions and you increase the debugging required

I fail to see any great win in this instance.  The values are used
only for the default values when creating new interfaces in Xastir.

Since it's not important to me, I'll give you this one and let the
function organization stand.

Can we get back to the testing/fixing of the WinXP configure hang?

We need to find out if it's the test for "com1" which hangs or the
tests for "/dev/cuaa0" and "/dev/cua/a".

If it is "com1" which hangs we need to find out if a test for
"/dev/ttyS0" hangs similarly.