[Xastir-dev] acinclude.m4:XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 23 19:10:32 EST 2004

Sending this to one of the people that had the initial problem on
Cygwin.

Instructions:  Change the top part of acinclude.m4 to look like
this:

  AC_DEFUN([XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES],
  [
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for devices])
  if test -c /dev/ttyS0 ; then
  ac_tnc_port=/dev/ttyS0
  ac_gps_port=/dev/ttyS1
  elif test -c /dev/cuaa0 ; then
  ac_tnc_port=/dev/cuaa0
  ac_gps_port=/dev/cuaa1
  elif test -c /dev/ttyS0 ; then
  ac_tnc_port=/dev/ttyS0
  ac_gps_port=/dev/ttyS1
  elif test -c /dev/cua/a ; then
  ac_tnc_port=/dev/cua/a
  ac_gps_port=/dev/cua/b
  else
  ac_tnc_port=none
  ac_gps_port=none
  fi

Then re-run "./bootstrap.sh", "./configure" and see if it hangs.  If
it does, change that first "test" line to this:

  if test -d /proc/registry ; then

And retry it, starting again with the bootstrap.sh step.  Let us
know the results.