[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 29 17:30:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 28 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> >
> > > You can get a prebuilt index from the author of the geocoder, Dan Egnor,
> > > here:
> > > http://dan.egnor.name/all-map.bz2
> >
> > Ummm...  That's 367 megabytes...  A bit more than I could download
> > over my dial-up at home.  Well, I _could_ find a way to do it, but
> > it'd take weeks and I'd have to get it in pieces.
>
> Well, I suppose I can mail you a cd.

I have other places I can download.  I can make my own!  That'll
take 1/2 CD just to hold it though.  That's a LOT of data!

I'll know later today what the file size is uncompressed.  Don't
tell me what it is.

What say we go ahead and check in what you've done so far, so that
other people can start playing with it?  Another stable release was
done last week, so we might as well have something new show up in
the April 1st development snapshot.  I might tweak the label for the
menu so that people don't get confused, but that's about it so far.