[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Mar 30 16:33:30 EST 2004

Symbology wise, I think a big line from vehicle to target point is pretty
useless.  One symbology I've seen that I liked was the Vehicle symbol was
surrounded by a circle.  A large semi-transparant arrow pointed towards
the original direct track to the destination.  A smaller point pointed
in the vehicles current direction.  If desired, a thin solid line was
overlayed on the arrow (or next to it) to indicate cross-track error (the
shortest distance between the current point and the original direct course).

I could see us offering a mini-popup HSI (similar to what is available on
most Garmin GPS units) in a separate window, or, providing some sort of
Arrow
that says "Your destination is that way from where you are".

I have listed these suggestions in the order of what I consider most useful
to least useful.

Owen