[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 31 11:36:17 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
>
> > Likely, then, your area hasn't been updated in overflights since 1992 or
> > earlier, or if it was updated, it was using a non-rectified image.
>
> Tiger 2003 came out at the beginning of the month. Assuming mirroring
> finished last night I'll build indexes from it today. Maybe it will be
> better.

Do you realize where we're headed here?  We're starting to get to
the point where we'll have up-to-date maps months before all the
people using commercial map packages can get them...

If we had full support for Tiger/Line format via GDAL/OGR right now
(we have partial support currently), then we'd already be there for
the maps themselves.  Derrick is helping to make sure that our
Address Search is the latest.