[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 31 15:51:54 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> >
> > > Any possibility that someone can process a county or three in WA for
> > > me?  If not, I'll try to find time to do that later.
> >
> > I've got the geocoder built.  Just had to add a few #include lines
> > here and there to get it done, so it wasn't a big deal.
> >
> > I'll try to create the files I need myself.  Right off the bat I
> > just need my county, but we often help out in neighboring counties
> > up to 2 or 3 counties in each direction, so eventually I'll want
> > those as well.
>
> Well, at this point the data is copying so if you wait a bit you can have
> mine (which is by state)

Woohoo!  That sounds much easier.

What do people think about putting the geocoder stuff into a
subdirectory in Xastir?  That way we can tweak it for other
operating systems and keep it current as we go along.  We could also
set it up with autoconf at some point.

I'm thinking of "xastir/geocoder/" as a subdirectory.  Sound good?

If we starting using someone else's autoroute code and it has
specific tools along with it, we should consider adding those to the
Xastir project as well.