[Xastir-dev] Another way to use the street address stuff?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 5 14:09:28 EDT 2004

It occured to me last night during my commute that one could process
the FCC data using the street address lookups in order to come up
with a location file (GNIS file perhaps?) containing the location of
every ham in the database.  Then as I drive around I could see where
the hams were located around me.

Might be useful when looking for high spots for houses, or just
plain gawking at peoples antenna sites.  I've also wondered just how
many hams are in my immediate area, antennas or no.

Anyone interested in trying this?