[Xastir-dev] UIview object transmission vs APRSdos (fwd)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 6 17:51:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Forwarded from the APRSSIG mailing list.  Xastir acts like UI-View
> in this respect.  We need to change this operation at some point.

Implemented in Xastir now with respect to objects/items.  Should be
in anon CVS later today.  The decaying algorithm used in APRSdos now
applies to Xastir for objects/items.

The code still needs to be tweaked to add the decaying algorithm to
messaging.  I'll try to get to that soon.  It should improve
keyboard to keyboard messaging quite a bit to switch to this
algorithm.

My thoughts are to skip this decaying algorithm for the station
location.  That would cause the station to appear more quickly when
it first comes up on channel, but that's the only advantage I can
see.  Agree?

--Curt, WE7U