[Xastir-dev] dbfawk now defaults on - problem

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Fri May 21 14:41:46 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 07:12:24AM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <joe at lightningflash.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that dbfawk is not defaulted to be enabled in xastir. However, I
> noticed that if I ./configure --with-dbfawk, it is disabled. Shouldn't only
> --without-dbfawk disable it?

Yes, this one threw me for a loop yesterday when I ran my standard
configure line (which has included --with-dbfawk for months) and suddenly
all my dbfawk files stopped working.

I looked over configure.ac, and see that all of the AC_ARG_WITH usage in
configure.ac is backwards like this.  Each such usage is set so that if
either --with-feature OR --without-feature is given, the non-default usage
is selected.  That's because the "ACTION_IF_GIVEN" field of AC_ARG_WITH is not
using the "$withval" variable it has access to, and always sets the
non-default behavior if either --with-feature or --without-feature is selected.
Attached is a context diff for configure.ac off of this morning's anonymous
CVS.  Patch configure.ac with it and re-run bootstrap, and the behaviors
of all the --with-feature and --without-feature will change to what you
expect it to be.  Would someone with access to the developer CVS repository
please commit it?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/