[Xastir-dev] Interesting possible bug

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 4 11:15:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Latest data, Firenet objects being gated onto the INET feeds:
>
> It appears that one Xastir station injected these objects.  He was
> connected to Firenet.us:2023 only.  No other internet feeds.  No RF
> connections.  Only that one interface defined.  That particular
> interface had igating turned off.  Global igating was turned on in
> both directions.  Nothing should be igated in that case.
>
> An injection ID of ",callsign,I" was added to the header of each
> packet, as if the packets came from local RF and were igated by
> Xastir.
>
> The timestamps on the packets were 1.5 to 2.0 days old!
>
> Could it be that if the global igate options are turned on, any
> packet read in from a log file gets igated?  That's the current
> theory anyway.  I'll test that theory later tonight unless someone
> else does and posts the results here first.

Consider it tested:  If RF->INET or INET<->RF is enabled in
Configure->Defaults, any log file read in gets sent up to your
connected internet feeds as if it was igated from local RF.

I tested this with two Xastir's connected together and no live
internet feeds so that I didn't trash anything.  Loading log files
on one causes the same stations to appear on the other Xastir if
igating is turned on.

I'll try to get this fixed today.  It's amazing that nobody noticed
this one before!