[Xastir-dev] Error in map cache and dbfawk,

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Nov 26 20:47:09 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:35:33PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jerryc at netlab.org> flavor, containing:

> This stated last weekend.off CVS.
>
> Getting error on one of my xastir boxes.

> map_cache.c:76:2: #error DB_VERSION_MAJOR < 4
> map_cache.c:165:2: #error DB_VERSION_MAJOR < 4
> map_cache.c:281:2: #error DB_VERSION_MAJOR < 4

This is the real error.

For whatever reason, configure is finding a version of libdb that has major
version number less than four, and still tries to use it.  But the code won't
compile with db version less than four.

There needs to be another check in configure.ac to reject any version of db
that has version number less than four and not set USE_MAP_CACHE unless
a suitable version is found.

Everything else you quote are harmless warnings that should be cleaned up,
but aren't the source of your problem.

To get around this in the meantime, you can do one of several things:

  1) install db 4.2 if you want map cache to work
or  2) hack on config.h after you run configure, and undef USE_MAP_CACHE
or  3) comment out the probe for the db library in configure.ac and rerun
     bootstrap.  Just look for the line that says "XASTIR_BERKELEY_DB_CHK"
     and put a "#" at the beginning

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "Politics consists of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
                                      -- John Kenneth Galbraith