[Xastir-dev] Latest dev release

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Oct 15 15:42:14 EDT 2004

Using the OGR library, we now have elevation labels for the USGS
SDTS-format contour line files, plus colored TIGER/Line raw maps.
Enjoy.

We also have Shapefiles working in OGR.  If you enable the #ifdef
near the top of maps.c you'll enable that feature, but weather
alerts will get diverted to the old Shapelib code (so that they
still work).

The OGR code doesn't do many advanced things with labels, so you'll
end up with too many labels as you zoom out.

One nice thing though is that with the spatial filtering implemented
in OGR, reading from the map files gets faster as you zoom in, just
like the geotiff code.

I just put out a new development snapshot.  Anon CVS should catch up
soon so everyone can try it, else try the snapshot.