[Xastir-dev] "Xastir -CPU" thread on other list

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 17 12:31:18 EDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> I can easily add an ifdef'd alternate setting of nexttime for Cygwin as
> discussed on the other group.  Should I just go ahead and commit that, or
> should there be more discussion of the Right Thing To Do?

Find the right thing yourself, implement it, then take out that
piece of code I referred to at the end of that routine which
attempted to do the same thing.

If other developers don't like it, they can do the work themselves
to change it.  Nice how that works, isn't it?

We all make mistakes, and we tend to correct them ourselves.  Not
that this one is a mistake.  hi hi

If a developer checks in something that you really don't like, talk
to them about it, then offer to fix it.  If it is something small
and just an oversight on their part, fix it for them quickly and
we're all happy.

For the most part we've had very few "discussions" as to the right
way to implement something, unless we ask for it ahead-of-time.
Mostly it's whoever is willing to do the work gets to choose.