[Xastir-dev] feasibility of extra drawing threads?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Sat Sep 25 21:02:48 EDT 2004

As I was moving across Ohio at highway speed, and zoomed to level 16 on a
set of 1:24k USGS DRGs, I had a thought: a predictive drawing thread or
threads which prepared what would be the next screen image if the
autopanning moved you in the direction the cursor is most likely to go off
the screen in next.

I can probably do the math to figure out what we should be drawing and by
when, I don't think I can figure out how to draw an alternate image into
an alternate pane. how feasible is this?