[Xastir-dev] Long Term CPU

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Sat Feb 19 18:46:29 EST 2005

Well I do noitice when I have on all the short range composits and zoom out, the
firenet feed starts dropping, I have not noticed that with one or two.

I will off the maps when I see it grow and see if it shrinks back.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:
>
> > > Let's collect the relevant details first:
> > >    RedHat 7.1
> > >    128k physical memory
> > >    CVS Xastir? Yes current
> > >    What server/filtering are you using? None
> > >    TNC only? NO TNC firenet full feed only
> > >    Tracking anyone? Nope
> > >    What sorts of maps, local, internet? ONE whole local short range radar
> > >    WX Alerts being displayed? YES (if there are any in my area)
> > >    What options are compiled into your Xastir?  rtree? Yes  dbfawk? Yes
>
> Try turning off the weather radar.  I suspect that's your issue.
>
> You're also pounding that box pretty hard with a full firenet feed,
> but that's what I do at work on a couple of instances too.  I don't
> do weather radar at the same time though.  I would expect that the
> firenet feed might disconnect and have to reconnect often if you're
> doing the weather radar stuff at the same time.
>
> I was doing weather radar using the full US image, but it slowed my
> machine down so much every few minutes that I quit using it.
>
> If you don't have any Shapefiles selected, then you're not
> exercising the rtree or dbfawk stuff.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
> http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>   Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry