[Xastir-dev] Dropping developers from the list?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 27 19:14:54 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I share the sentiment that if someone's in the contributors' list, and hasn't
> been active, they could be removed... After all, it's trivial to reinstate
> them, isn't it?

Yea.  Just takes Chuck or I a minute or two to reinstate.

It looks like the consensus so far is to add them to the AUTHORS
file as a contributor, then take away developer status.  I'll check
with Chuck on this matter first though as he hasn't weighed in on
it.

The next question would be the time period:  I'm thinking that one
or two years of inactivity would trigger this.  I wouldn't want to
discourage someone who's been planning to get back in and
contribute but life has been too busy for them.

Better to err on the long side so I'll suggest two years as the
limit.  If someone has not contributed during that period of time
they're unlikely to do so in the future.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer