[Xastir-dev] Deprecated file?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 20 12:18:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> I added acconfig.h to fix the socklen_t problem. I suppose we could put it
> in another header and include that in every source file, after config.h.
>
> Of course, the warning is wholely ignorable, they're for the moment
> blowing smoke.

I'm not concerned so much with whether or not it can be ignored,
just that anything that is deprecated now might be totally
eliminated in the future.  At that point it might break our compile.

Add to that the confusion factor that new users experience by seeing
such messages.  Better to keep it as clean as possible so that they
don't worry.

Is that the only other option, creating another header file?  It's a
bit of a hassle, but if that's the only other way to do it we should
probably go that route.  Just my opinion of course.