[Xastir-dev] message bugs?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 26 10:41:51 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:

> Curt Mills wrote:
>
> > That changes it from an Xastir bug to an EMAIL server bug and gets
> > it off our list.  ;-)
>
> I brought up this to Frank (in a email dated 7/31/2000), and he had a
> sorta-solution:

> > sorry to get back to you so late on this.. but yes.. you are right.. but.. I
> > also have a reason.. messages sent to a call require ack's however the Group
> > messaging function (for CQ, ALL, etc) doesn't require ack's so you can use that
> > function for all your special calls.
> >
> > 73,
> >  Frank

We do have the cancel pending messages button on the Send Message
dialog, so that's one way out.  Another way out is the Send Group
Messages dialog like he mentions, but I doubt many people would
remember when/why to use that dialog instead of the other.  I don't
even think I would remember that when I needed it.

It'd be nice if the email servers didn't violate the spec with
regard to messaging, so we didn't have to go through this hassle.