[Xastir-dev] Observations

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 17 10:29:56 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> > > DNS lookup on interfaces is retrying way fast again. Some time
> > > back it was slowed down, now it is back to looking up 100's of
> > > times a second.
> >
> > Check your NETWORK_WAITTIME in xastir.cnf again.  It should be 10.
> > Are you by any chance running more than one Xastir at a time?  Your
> > config file should not normally get corrupted, but if you do that,
> > all bets are off.
> It is 10
> Only ine xastir per machine both do it.

You might run a test with no xastir.cnf file in place (rename the
current one temporarily) to see if some other setting in there might
have messed you up.  No changes have been done to that part of the
code in a very long time.  If it works ok with an
automatically-generated file, do a diff between the files to see
what the differences are.  Let us know.

> > > Weather objects are back to being a cause for a pause after maps
> > > are loaded nad before htey are displayed.
> >
> > Do you mean the lit-up counties?  There are more of them on the map
> > right now.
> Weather Alerts, I meant..........
> DUH! was still thinking object from above.

Some other things could affect this, like rtree and dbfawk perhaps.
Have you changed anything with respect to those two options lately?