[Xastir-dev] Observations

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Mar 19 21:05:25 EST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 07:48:30PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jerryc at netlab.org> flavor, containing:

> > > Weather Alerts, I meant..........
> > > DUH! was still thinking object from above.
> >
> > Some other things could affect this, like rtree and dbfawk perhaps.
> > Have you changed anything with respect to those two options lately?
> >
> I installed rtree a month or so ago and it really sped it up. But somehow it is
> back to slow again and stalling map draw with weather alerts message on bottom
> left.
> How do I know Rtree is working ?

There are no really simple ways of checking --- when I did the coding I didn't
put in a lot of debug_level-controlled fprintfs.  If you are really curious
whether it's being used, you'd need to uncomment the fprintfs I left in there.
Look in map_shp.c inside of some of the #ifdef USE_RTREE blocks.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster