[Xastir-dev] Observations

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Sat Mar 19 20:18:11 EST 2005

Well it appears to have quit it.
Perhaps there is some alert packet that was scambled and making it go wonkers.
All is fine with or without rtree.
It has been up 9 days now with no issues

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> > > Enabling rtree should be no different from disabling it where weather
> > > alerts are concerned.  When draw_shapefile_map is called to display an alert
> > > county, all rtree indexing is skipped --- we already know which shape to
> > > display, so there's no point looking it up in the spatial index.
> > >
> > > If there's a noticable difference in this behavior with and without
> > > rtree, then there's a mistake in how that skipping is done.  Please let me
> > > know if that's the case.
> > >
> > Well it appears to "draw" all weather alerts weather they are in the viewable
> > window or not.
>
> That sure sounds like a bug --- have you confirmed that it's actually doing that
> by enabling debug level 16?  If it's really drawing them all it would be saying
> lots of lines of "found_shape ="
>
> Does this happen irrespective of whether --with-rtree is selected?  What about
> with and without dbfawk?
>
> There is an explicit check around line 1800 of map_shp.c that should prevent
> objects outside of the current view (even wx alerts) from being processed.
> If it's happening anyway, there's something really screwy.
>
> --
> Tom Russo    KM5VY     SAR502  DM64ux         http://www.swcp.com/~russo/
> Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
>  "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
>   worth the effort." -- Norton Juster

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry