[Xastir-dev] Problems with CVS Xastir

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Wed Mar 30 21:06:09 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Jack Twilley wrote:

> Hey there.  Remember me?  I finally replaced my defective equipment and
> updated my CVS instance of xastir.  I really like some of the changes
> I've seen so far, but none of the three Online maps work for me.
>
> curl told us 28
> curlerr: Operation timed out with 0 out of -1 bytes received

Two questions - What is the timeout for online tigermaps set to?  And, What
zoom level are you trying to retrieve.  I'd recommend setting the timeout
to something longer than the default - I personally use the 300 second max.
And, I'd also recommend trying zooms 2048 and under (right click, Zoom
level -> ).

You can set the timeout on the Map menu -> Configure -> Configure Tiger
screen.  You can also un-check some of the "Items to be displayed" which
should help things load faster.

YMMV, professional driver on a closed course, I'm not a doctor and I don't
play one on TV, etc.

73, n8ysz.

--
Dan Brown