[Xastir-dev] Help testing messaging

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 18 23:21:34 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:19:34AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:

> Format for AE5PL-EM is just "AE5PL-EM" as the destination, an e-mail
> address as the first part of the message body, a space, and then the
> messsage to send to the e-mail address.  Similar to the "EMAIL"
> server some of you probably have tried, although I think there are
> additional functions this new one can perform.  A successful test
> will be ack's getting recognized and the e-mail getting received at
> the remote e-mail address.

 0:TX -> KM5VY>APX151,WIDE3-3::AE5PL-EM :russo at bogodyn.org Testing.{AD}

Never saw an ACK, so xastir kept retrying, but did get the email, and:

 0:TNC-> W5MPZ-1>APS221,WIDE3-1:}W5M   :Email sent to russo at bogodyn.org{00
 0:TNC-> W5MPZ-1>APS221,WIDE3:}W5M   :Email sent to russo at bogodyn.org{00

After about two minutes the ack got through:

0:TNC-> W5MPZ-1>APS221,WIDE3-2:}AE5PL-EM>APJSEM,TCPIP,W5MPZ-1*::KM5VY    :ackAD}

and Xastir stopped retrying.

0:TX -> KM5VY>APX151,WIDE3-3::K5MTN    :Testing, testing, 0 1 2{AE}

followed not long after by:
0:TNC-> K5MTN>APX151,WIDE2::KM5VY    :ackAE}

K5MTN is one of the few other Xastir installs nearby.  Probably not tonight's
build, but pretty recent.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster