[Xastir-dev] New WMS Server Support: Try these .geo's

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 25 11:42:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> A couple of .geo's I've been playing with.  Give them a try with the
> latest Xastir CVS code:

If anyone comes up with some nice WMS server URL's for topo maps,
satellite images, or street maps, let me know.  I haven't had the
time to search for them yet, but they're probably out there.

Perhaps we could eventually set up a WMS server to serve up our
custom brand of Tiger->Shapefiles as images via MapServer.  It'd
probably be faster than the TigerMap server.