[Xastir-dev] Print & Print Preview Functions

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 29 02:46:14 EST 2006

One should be able to print direct to "lpr" or "lp" now without
having to go through "gv" first.  If you blank out the field it will
insert LPR_PATH there.

The preview code will hopefully get modified at some point, but for
right now it expects to use "gv" for the previewer.  If you blank
out the field it will insert GV_PATH there.

Questions:

*) Because we now allow the user to specify the programs that get
run, and because Xastir can be installed SUID root, how can we
remain secure?

*) If one specifies a program that needs input or otherwise doesn't
return, Xastir hangs.  Is there a way to prevent this in our code?
Perhaps an alarm like we do for the DNS lookups?

*) How should we handle the gv-specific dialog and code?  Check the
string to see if the user is calling "gv" as the previewer and if so
then use that code?  Get rid fo the gv-specific dialog and code
altogether and use command-line parameters specified by the user or
gv-buttons instead?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer