[Xastir-dev] Re: Please update the Freshmeat Xastir listing. Thanks!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 6 13:49:45 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Chuck Byam wrote:

> I use cvs2cl (http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl ) for other projects.  It
> does a decent job of generating GNU style ChangeLog files.  You can even
> generate XML code for inclusion in web pages as well as RSS feeds.
> Using this or other routines that rely on CVS comments requires a bit of
> discipline, but the benefits outweigh the effort.

So, how is this used in practice?  Do we run the Perl script to
generate the complete ChangeLog from CVS just before a release, then
check the new ChangeLog file into CVS?

I just downloaded it and ran it in the xastir directory.  Without
any parameters it creates "ChangeLog" from scratch from the "cvs
log" information.  All old information from before we had it on
SourceForge is gone.

Perhaps we could rename the current ChangeLog to ChangeLog.old or
something, then create the new one via the script?

I could update the release scripts so that the script gets run and
ChangeLog gets checked in prior to each release.  Is this the type
of operation we're after or do we want ChangeLog updated more often,
like each time we check something into CVS?