[Xastir-dev] Anyone know how to get around this one?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 28 08:57:32 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Dalen Kruse wrote:

> The first thing I would do is what you suggested, recompile libpcre.a.
> When I run into symbol reference errors with precompile libraries,
> recompiling the source usually clears them up for me.

Yea, I think I'm coming to that realization.  The problem is that
for LSB support I need to depend ONLY on the LSB libraries or on
libraries I carry along with the application.  I tried statically
linking in some of the optional libraries but they aren't
LSB-compliant themselves.  This means I'll have to compile each one
under LSB as I did for Lesstif, then either statically link with
Xastir or provide as a private shared library along with the
lsb-xastir package.  More work.

I guess I should just concentrate on what's important.  I can
compile in Shapelib & rtree now.  Next I'd like to go after
proj/libtiff/libgeotiff, then go after ImageMagick.  The rest can
probably wait.  Maybe ImageMagick (or GraphicsMagick) should be
first, considering how many people use online maps.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer