[Xastir-dev] Standards: FHS, FSSTD, FSSTND, LSB

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Wed Oct 18 07:12:25 EDT 2006

Hi Guys,

On 18/10/2006, at 6:27 AM, Chuck Byam wrote:

> Default locations should abide by FHS (and LSB for that matter)
> standards when possible.  If someone changes that location
> via ./configure opts then that should be their prerogative and we have
> little control over this.

FYI, FreeBSD follows FHS to a large degree but uses /usr/local for
most ports rather than /opt (X11 related ports used to go in /usr/
X11R6 but that has recently been changed).  There also appears to be
no /usr/local/share/man, symlinked or real by default.

As long as we can tweak these locations via the configure script then
the port to FreeBSD won't be an issue!

Carl.