[Xastir-dev] Map site available for population... Finally

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Sep 11 02:39:20 EDT 2006

Currently, I only have 181GB dedicate to map archives (and such).  I'll
be looking at the general stuff that accrues.  I'm neither going to keep
nor transfer into download space, the porn that'll almost certainly
appear now.  I'll try to place maps I find where they'll do the most
good.  To that end, a note from the person uploading, to me, telling me
what the filename is, and what it's for, would help.

I'll likely compress everything, especially if a cursory test of a new
file suggests it'd gain ~30% or more.

All of the point and vector data should be OK.  I've a terabyte I can
place on here if needed, later.  The pocketAPRS maps are certainly welcome.

Ascii art is discouraged.  Anything likely to raise the hackles of the
University, or my wife, is at least suspect.  Proprietary maps are
strongly discouraged.

For now, I'm asking folks to act responsibly and we'll see where things go.

Thanks for bringing this up.  Honestly, note who the announcement was
sent toI consider this group better than some involved in this aspect of
the hobby!

73, gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983