[Xastir-dev] Mysteriously non-vanishing deleted stations?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Mar 6 23:28:19 EST 2007

I just noticed something tonight that has me puzzled.

My home station (which has been running for 24 days) is displaying my
ALOHA circle at a much, much smaller radius than I have ever seen it ---
about 27 miles, when it's usually closer to 120 miles.  According to the
aloha stats, there are 48 stations inside that range --- but when I zoom out
to that range I only see 23 total stations.  I then turned on the
"include expired data" button in the Filter->Data and see something more
in line with the number in the stats.  Thing is, many of those stations are
weeks old, and my slider in the timing dialog for "Station Delete Time" is
set to one day.

Looking at the code quickly, it looks like xastir's supposed to be completely
deleting station records after the station delete time, not just marking
them inactive in some way.  Is that right?

Does anyone else have a long-running instance of xastir (24 days or older)
that can check to see if their "Include Expired Data" shows stations that
vastly exceed the age supposedly allowed by the station delete time?

If this is something that was addressed in a recent commit (I dimly recall
some commit messages about clearing out data, but can't remember what they
were), then I'll just update, but if not, then a debugging run is in order.

If I'm misunderstanding what the station delete time is (i.e., if it just
marks stations as expired, not removing them from the station list), then
I'll have to modify the aloha range calculation so it only uses unexpired
data in its computations.