[Xastir-dev] ImageMagick causing trouble again...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 7 11:15:33 EST 2007

After I did the stable release yesterday I updated the machine at
home to 1.9.2 and found a bug.  It seems ImageMagick has
commandeered the "VERSION" define.  If you do Help->About it says
Xastir is version "6.3.5", which of course is the IM version.

It looks like "VERSION" is actually used in main.c and interface.c.

I tried briefly last night to add "VERSION" to the other defines
that were protected from ImageMagick at the top of main.c, and made
a mess of it.  I couldn't make it work.

We either need to protect the define in main.c (two places) and
interface.c (one place), or define an entirely new variable in
configure.ac/acinclude.m4 that is less likely to be commandeered by
other packages.  We also have the "PACKAGE_VERSION" define but I
think that may have been taken over by IM as well.

Can somebody help fix this?