[Xastir-dev] Topic: Supported Platforms, Xastir-NG

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 14 22:53:14 EDT 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> So it looks like we've got two votes for C/C++ so far.  OO would
> make things a lot cleaner, so so far C++ is the winner.
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with C++, but it's close enough to
> C that I've been able to do some C++ hacking here and there.  I
> wouldn't object to going with C++.

Regarding C++, I seem to remember something about problems with
certain libraries from system to system, but those libraries are
things the true-blue C++ guys tend to use a lot of.  STL maybe?  Is
this something we can avoid entirely in order to run on more
platforms or will it be a continual problem?  What about other C++
libraries, are they fairly compatible across platforms?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer