[Xastir-dev] Topic: Supported Platforms, Xastir-NG

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jun 14 23:44:02 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 08:06:46PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > STL is pretty much solid now.  8 years ago when we started Xyce we had a
> > lot of trouble with it, but relied on it heavily anyway.  Now it's hard
> > to find a compiler that does it wrong, but when you find one you usually
> > have to pay a lot for it.
> >
> > STL rocks.
>
> Is is available for the small systems as well?  With C++ will we
> have problems with executable size on the small systems?  Talking
> handheld Linux devices and the like.

STL is so basic to C++ at this point that it is practically part of the
language.  It's like worrying that you won't have "printf" in a C
implementation.

But since I don't ever use small handheld devices and don't know what
development environments they have, I can't answer for sure.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson