[Xastir-dev] Topic: Supported Platforms, Xastir-NG

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 18 20:06:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Paul J. Morris wrote:

> I've been using BOUML on an project with some of the computer science
> folks at UMass Boston, it looked more comprehensive at use case
> diagrams, sequence diagrams, and better at separating code generation
> from the model than any of the eclipse plugins we looked at, but we
> haven't yet started using it for serious code generation.

I took a look at it.  It supports UML 2.x, appears to be fast, and
doesn't depend on a Java VM unless you're doing Java code.  I
imported a large Java project ok into it but didn't see a way to
generate class diagrams.  No big deal, we don't need to do that for
our project.

Tool choice doesn't matter to me as long as it will do the needed
charts and generate the initial C++ classes.  It looks like either
ArgoUML or BoUML would work for that.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer